The Management Committee of the Oro Community Development Project Inc (OCDP) is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information, which OCDP collects, holds and administers. Personal information is information, which directly or indirectly identifies a person.
The purpose of this document is to provide a framework for OCDP in dealing with privacy considerations.
OCDP collects and administers a range of personal information for the purposes of newsletter distribution, invitations to functions and notification of meetings. OCDP is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects, holds and administers.
OCDP recognises the essential right of individuals to have their information administered in ways, which they would reasonably expect – protected on one hand, and made accessible to them on the other. These privacy values are reflected in and supported by our core values and philosophies.
OCDP is bound by laws, which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organisation has adopted the following principles contained as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
- Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary function;
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for any another purpose only with the person’s consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.
Revised May 2017
Mike Steketee – President, Management Committee
Email: [email protected]
Address: PO Box 219
Hunters Hill NSW 2110, Australia
Visit Facebook and search ‘OCDP’